Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own.
When my daughter was a newborn, she did not want to stay in her car seat carrier when I went shopping! The only way I could get my errands done was by putting her in my Björn front carrier. When she was in that carrier, she would snuggle up to my chest and sleep soundly for the whole shopping trip. I got lots of comments on how content she was, and I got a lot of shopping done. It was wonderful because I still had my hands free to grab things off the shelf, but she was close and secure. I knew she was breathing because I could feel it against my chest and I loved that I could bend my head down and kiss the top of her head.
I wore her in that carrier to walk my boys to the bus stop each morning and to do chores at home. It worked for short hikes or when I had to go to my sons’ schools for activities or programs. I got my carrier second-hand, but I have loved it! I wish it were a little more comfortable, and I would have loved one that I could carry my daughter on my back when she got bigger.
The BabyBjörn Baby Carrier One does exactly that! It is a multifunctional, ergonomic carrier. Look at everything it offers:
- The four-way front and back design allows you to safely carry your child (three front carrying positions and one back position)
- There is a pressure-relieving waist belt which carries baby’s weight on your hips instead of your shoulders and back
- The shoulder straps are extra-thick padded for extra comfort
- This carrier can be used from birth (8 lbs) up to three years old!
- The baby’s legs and hips are positioned ergonomically as recommended by pediatricians
- There is a padded head support for newborns that can be folded down when baby is able to sit facing forward
There are many different carriers to choose from. When choosing a carrier, see if you have a friend with a Björn to try out. I loved that ours was adjustable so it could fit me or my husband and it was relatively easy to trade back and forth. I think the BabyBjörn Baby Carrier One would be worth the investment because it can last all the way until baby is 3.
What did you, or do you plan to use, to carry baby around in?