To make peas into baby food:
- Purchase frozen peas. I bought frozen peas at our local Aldi...I was even more thrilled to find their organic peas super cheap.
- Use a steamer basket in one of your pots. Fill it with about an inch of water (make sure it doesn't come over the bottom of the basket). Cover with a lid.
- Put that on the stove and when the water boils, pour the peas into the steamer basket. Cover.
- Let it steam for 3-5 minutes and check to see if the peas are tender. I had to stir mine because the middle peas would still be frozen together.
- After the peas are tender, remove from heat and rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking more.
- Pour the peas into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth, and add water as needed to get the consistency you want. I usually had to add 1/2 cup or more so they would blend.
- Pour the puree into an ice cube tray and freeze. When they are frozen, you can remove them from the tray and put them in a freezer bag.
- When it's time to eat, put a cube of peas in a bowl in the microwave. I heated ours on 50% power for 45 seconds and it was perfect. If it's too thin, add some rice cereal to thicken it up.
Thank you Parents.com for your guidance :). I’ll be linking up to Making Your Home Sing Sunday, Mama Moments Monday, Mom’s Library, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, The Mommy Club,