All you need are popsicle sticks, toothpicks, wax paper and rubber bands.
- Cut a strip of wax paper to the same width and length as your popsicle sticks. We used the smaller/narrower popsicle sticks.
- Put the wax paper on top of one popsicle stick. Put the other popsicle stick on top so it is like a sandwich.
- Take a rubber band and wrap it around one end of your popsicle stick sandwich. I held it while my boys wrapped the rubber band.
- Cut a toothpick into two pieces that are as long as the width of your popsicle sticks.
- Put one toothpick piece in between the wax paper and one of the popsicle sticks and push it all the way to the rubber band.
- Put the other toothpick on the other end of the popsicle stick sandwich like in the picture below.
- Wrap your other rubber band around the popsicle stick toy, right next to the toothpick.
- Now your toy is made! Put the toy between your lips and blow like you would a harmonica. Listen to the buzzing sound it makes. Experiment with your toy by pinching it tighter between your lips when you blow to see if you can make a different pitch. If the paper gets too wet from spit it will stop working. Just let it dry for a while and it should work again.