Here’s what I did:
- I made two 9x13” chocolate cakes. The first cake I cut in half and trimmed off the sides like below:
- I layered the two rectangles with frosting in between.
- Then, with the other 9x13” cake I cut out two squares about 3 inches wide. I layered those on top of each other and put that on top of the cake to make the turret. I put them at an angle to make the tank look like it was turning to aim.
- I added a little bit of chocolate frosting to white frosting to make a tan color and frosted the whole cake. Then, on the sides, I used chocolate frosting.
- I put Oreo cookies on the side to make the wheels and used small Hershey’s bars to make the tracks.
- Then, I cut a dowel to the length I wanted for the gun and shoved that into the cake. I covered it in frosting so it would match the tank.
- And, that was it! Now both of my boys want tank cakes for their birthdays too.