My husband loves cheese, and I am not a huge fan, so for New Year’s last year we settled on a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball which has cream cheese instead of regular cheese and is a much sweeter version of traditional cheese balls…
Here’s what you need to make your own…
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels (or 3/4 cup chopped chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Take the cheese mixture and shape it into a ball. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll your cheese ball in the chopped pecans before serving.
The recipe says this makes 32 servings. This would be perfect for a New Year’s Eve party. Serve this with graham crackers, or vanilla wafers, or other sweet crackers and enjoy!
Find the original recipe here.