Um, I’m pretty sure if any of my good friends or family members read this and learn that I am now an owner of a pair of Heelys they will go into shock! These are definitely some of the nicest shoes I’ve ever owned and I love wearing them. However, this is after quite a bit of adjustment. I received the Wave Heelys in gray and pink and they really are stylish and cute…as seen below courtesy of my 4 year old’s amazing photography skills:
So, here’s my low-down on Heelys:
- The back of the shoe rubs against my heels…it did not feel like a good fit (like my tennis shoes are) no matter how tight I tied my laces. After wearing them several times I’ve become used to it, but at first this really bothered me about these shoes.
- About the only place I was able to do much with the wheels was at the grocery store where I could hold onto and roll with the cart. My kids thought I was hilarious and I didn’t have to worry about falling ;). It sure made mundane shopping a lot more exciting.
- I love that these shoes can be worn with or without the wheels. I still have not figured out how to use the wheels without holding onto something and don’t know how kids do it! BUT I can still wear my Heelys and use them like normal shoes because there’s a plastic cover for where the wheel goes. And, the wheels are super easy to put in/take out.
- When I had the wheels in place my feet grew tired quite quickly and my legs would get sore after a while.
- I no longer get as annoyed at kids rolling around on their Heelys…there’s quite a bit more admiration and puzzlement.
- Each pair of Heelys comes with suggestions and directions for use. They were extremely helpful and I highly recommend reading them if you ever get a pair! You can also view this online.
If you or your child has had an eye on a pair of Heelys, Heelys is throwing a Black Friday special between Nov 25-28th. Buy any pair of Heelys and get the second pair for $25! Or buy a Nano and get a pair of shoes for $25, and free ground shipping.
Disclosure: Heelys sent me a pair of shoes for free to facilitate this review. I was not compensated monetarily and all opinions expressed herein are mine.