Cheerios hosts an annual contest, the New Author Contest, where one aspiring children’s book author’s dream will come true. The winner of the contest will receive $5,000 and a chance to publish a book with Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing. To learn more, visit Spoonfuls of Stories before July 15th.
Cheerios and MyBlogSpark provided me with a free box of Cheerios containing 2009’s winning book “How Do You Hug a Porcupine” by Laurie Isop and a Create Your Own Books kit. The kit includes 2 hardback blank books, colored pencils, stickers and instructions. K and I have already had a great deal of fun starting our own book with pictures and short stories and I can only imagine how much older children would enjoy this kit!
Want to win your own box of Cheerios and Book Kit like the one pictured above? Cheerios is kindly providing one lucky winner with the same kit I received and here’s how you can enter to win:
Mandatory Entry: Tell me in a comment what you feel makes a children’s book timeless or what type of story you would write if you penned your own children’s book. Make sure your e-mail is either in your comments or in your profile.
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect and tell me so in a comment. If you already follow, let me know.
- Like my Facebook page and leave a comment telling me you did so with your Facebook ID.
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter handle.
- Comment on another non-giveaway post and leave me the link where you commented.
- Enter my Organically Grown Giveaway and let me know in a comment.
This giveaway will close Friday April 15th at 11:59 PM. The winner will be contacted and have 48 hours to reply or I will draw a new winner.
Disclosure: I was provided with a free box of Cheerios and book making kit through Cheerios and My Blog Spark, but was not monetarily compensated in any way. Opinions stated in this post are honestly mine.