As we were getting ready to venture out into the snow, I remembered reading about Snow Cream on Simply Sweet Home and knew we had to try it.
Though my hubby and I weren’t tremendously impressed, I think this might have to become a tradition whenever we get a good snowstorm just for the novelty of making ice cream from snow. K ate 2 full bowls of it and probably would have eaten more had I let him!
I ended up halving Simply Sweet Home’s recipe and this is what I used:
- 1/2 gallon of snow
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Chocolate topping if desired
- Gather your clean snow (don’t you love my super coordinated snow gear?!)
- Pour it in a bowl and add sugar and vanilla. Stir.
- Add milk and stir until you reach your desired consistency.
- Scoop into individual bowls and top with any desired toppings.
I’m linking up to Tot Tuesday @ Delicious Ambiguity, Amaze Me August @ Bella Before & After, Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm, Anything Related @ All Thingz Related, Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me, What are little boys made of? @ Seven Thirty Three, and Food Fight Friday @ Choochmagooz..