When I first tried candied carrots at my sister-in-law’s house, I knew I had to have her recipe so I could make these for my kids. If you’re looking to dress up carrots in a new way that your children will enjoy, you have to try these candied carrots…I made them last night and K ate them without hesitation!
What you’ll need:
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Cook the carrots until tender (about 20 minutes) and drain. Set aside.
- Mix the sugar, corn starch, salt and ginger in a small saucepan. Add orange juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and allow it to boil for 1 minute.
- Stir butter into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over hot carrots and stir until evenly coated.
Serves 3-5 and is a perfect side dish for many meals.
I’m linking up to Food Fight Friday @ Choochmagooz, Tasty Tuesday @ For the Love of Blogs, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff, Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum, Everything but the Kitchen Sink, and Anything Related @ All Thingz Related.