Yarn trees made of cones seem to be really popular this year, and I know why…because they’re cute and cheap. As I started thinking of how I could make my own cheap version my eyes wandered to the lemon juice bottle on my counter and before I knew it, I had my own little yarn tree; from a bottle!
All you need is:
- A fun shapely bottle
- Mod Podge
- Bead or other ornaments
- Glue for your ornaments
- Start by making sure your bottle is clean and dry. You don’t even have to scrape the sticker off because it’s all getting covered :)
- Beginning at the very top of the bottle, spread Mod Podge over a section of the bottle (all around the side and back). Wrap your yarn on top of the Mod Podge closely together. Wrap and wind, wind and wrap.
- When you get to the end of the Mod Podge, apply more and continue wrapping the yarn around your bottle. If there are gaps, just gently push the yarn up the bottle towards the rest of the yarn. Continue until the bottle is completely covered and allow it to dry.
- Glue beads all over your tree for a super festive look
- Set an ornament on top such as an angel, or make a cute star and presto! A cute little decoration that you literally spent nothing on if everything you used was on hand!
I’m linking up to Penny Pinching Party Wednesday @Thrifty Home, Works for Me Wednesday @ We Are That Family, Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me, Crafty Soiree @ Yesterday on Tuesday, Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions, and Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple.