I loved that this craft was quick, the boys were able to do a lot of it on their own (ages 5 & 7), and it was made of things around our house. You will need: Popsicle sticks, a milk jug or water bottle cap, rubber bands, hot glue gun, something to launch (pom poms, marshmallows, dry cereal, etc).
- Stack 5 Popsicle sticks together and wrap a rubber band around each end.
- Stack 2 Popsicle sticks together and wrap a rubber band around one end.
- Take your 5 Popsicle sticks and sandwich them between the two Popsicle sticks. Move it down towards the rubber band.
- Wrap a rubber band around all of the Popsicle sticks to hold the catapult together. We wrapped it in an X, across and around several times.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the bottle cap to the end of the Popsicle stick on top.
- Once the glue has cooled, put a marshmallow or something else to launch in the cap. With one hand, hold down the catapult, and with the other, pull down the cap and let it go to launch the marshmallow.