Peach season is here and during the summer I tend to fantasize about peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top…yum!
Last year my husband brought home a few pounds of peaches and I set off to make my peach cobbler. I tried to make peach cobbler in the crock pot but when we ate it, the peaches were still very tart. A day later, however, it was DELICIOUS!
That’s not the point of this post though. The point is, there’s a way to peel peaches quickly without wasting any of the peach itself. I learned how to from Movita Beaucoup, and here’s how:
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and turn on high.
- Wash your peaches
- Gently score an X on the bottom of each peach, just barely cutting through the skin
- Put your peaches in boiling water for one minute (less ripe peaches may require a little more time).
- Remove and put in a large bowl full of ice water to stop the peaches from cooking more.
- Gently remove the skin, peeling from the corners where you scored the X
- And, done! Cut, remove the pit and use those peaches for anything your heart desires :).