- Take the heels or other old bread and leave it out for a few days to harden.
- Use a sharp knife to gently poke a hole in each piece of bread. Make sure it’s a good distance from the edge so you don’t just break the bread.
- Spread some peanut butter on your bread. We just did one side to minimize mess and use of peanut butter, but you can do both sides.
- Pour some bird food onto a paper plate and press the peanut butter coated bread onto the bird food. If this doesn’t work, just take bird food in your hands and press it into the peanut butter.
- Put a string through the hole you made
- Hang your bird feeder up in a tree with branches below for the birds to rest on.
- Glance out your window occasionally to see what feathered friends have come to enjoy the bird feeder! And enjoy the fact that when they’re done, all you have to do is gather a string.
I will be linking up to Works for Me Wednesday, Mom’s Library, Playful Learning Linky, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Share It Saturday, TGIF, The Mommy Club, We Made That Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday.