- I printed off a rainbow coloring page for each of my boys that I googled. I just copied it into Microsoft Word and resized it.
- For my older son, I wrote what colors went in each rainbow section and for my younger son I drew a little line in the corresponding colors.
- We took the weekly ads and cut out little pieces of colored paper. My boys tore and used scissors to cut. Either way is great practice for hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills. We needed red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- Then we used a glue stick and glued one color at a time. Both of my boys wanted help on this part so I usually applied the glue and they arranged the little pieces of paper.
- Once the colors were all filled in, they each cut out their rainbows.
- My 6 year old took white school glue and glued cotton balls to the clouds.
I will be linking up to Works for Me Wednesday, Mom’s Library, Playful Learning Linky, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Share It Saturday, TGIF, The Mommy Club, We Made That Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!