We don’t drink a lot of soda, so my 6 year old went nearly crazy waiting for two 2-liter soda bottles to be consumed, washed and dried. But when they were, this is how we made the jet pack with things we already had on hand:
- Using a hot glue gun, glue two lengths of ribbon all the way across the front of the bottles like so:
- Take some red and yellow fabric, cut into flame shapes and pinch together with some dabs of glue…
- Insert into the mouths of the soda bottles and put glue around the edge to hold the flames in place.
- Cut straps out of felt or other fabric and glue in a loop on the “back” of the soda bottles.
- Wrap the ribbons all the way around and glue in place over the straps (this helps hold the straps on more securely).
- Draw, or glue “buttons” made of cardboard or other desired material
- Strap your explorer in and send them off for adventure!
I'll be linking up to...Works For Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty, Look What We Did, Mom’s Library, Let's Hear it For the Boy! Clever Chicks Blog Hop,Share it Saturday, Fine Craft Guild, Share Wednesdays, TGIF,