After seeing A Year of Slow Cooking’s method for cooking dried beans, I knew I wanted to try it, and it was SO EASY! All you need is a crock pot and you can have cooked beans instead of forking over a small fortune for canned beans.
- Rinse your beans and pick out any shriveled/broken/gross beans.
- Dump your beans in the crock pot and fill your crock pot with water. DON’T turn it on. Let your beans soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Dump out the soak water and rinse your beans.
- Return beans to the crock pot and cover with water plus an additional 2-3 inches above the top of the beans.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 8 hours or until the beans are bite-tender.
- You’re done! Now you can use those beans in your favorite recipes or put them in freezer bags…1 2/3 cup is the equivalent of a can of beans.
Easy and cheap :).