Last year I saw several blogs post about making their own gift bows, but I procrastinated too long, so the idea has been simmering in my mind ever since! Thanks to eHow, I can now share with you how you can make your own gift bows :).
All you need is a magazine, scissors, some paper board (like a cereal box), and glue.
- Take a magazine page and cut 9 strips, each 3/4 inches wide.
- Leave 3 of the strips the same. Cut 3 strips one inch shorter.
- Cut 2 strips 2 inches shorter than the longest strips.
- Cut the last strip down to 3 3/4 inches long. This will be the middle of your bow. Sorry if it’s a little hard to see but parts of the pages were white.
- I folded each strip in half lengthwise so I could easily see the center. Dab a bit of glue on the center and twist each end to meet in the center. Do this with each strip. With the 3 3/4 inch strip, glue it into a circle.
- On the bottom of one of your longer loops, glue a small square of paperboard so the bow lays flat.
- Now, starting with the three larger loops, put some glue in the center and layer them as seen below.
- Repeat with your second largest loops, and then with the smallest loops.
- Glue the center loop to the middle and there you have a fun, 100% recycled bow to adorn your gifts with this holiday season! Just put some double sided tape or glue on the bottom of the paper board to attach to your gifts.