After spending 36 hours in the last couple of days without electricity, I am even more convinced that it never hurts to be prepared! I am grateful to say that we are all fine and did well without power during that time and I know that it is in large part because of our:
- Oil Lamp…hubby and I were able to stay up a little later and read books until we got tired.
- Coleman camping stove and propane. I was able to heat up leftovers that otherwise would have gone to waste in our non-functioning fridge.
- Flashlights-my boys were in heaven running around with them the entire time and loved it!
- Cooler which kept food cold as long as we had ice in it.
- Water. Thankfully we never lost water or else we would have had to go somewhere else (or at least used lots of disposable dishes!).
This was not the kind of natural disaster that we couldn’t run to the store for more supplies, but it was good to know that if the need should arise, I think we would be ok. We have 72 hour kits for each of us as well as all of the above. The last few days were a great reminder and eye awakening for me as to what else would be helpful or what I would have done different.
If you were to lose power, what would you need to be prepared?