In my opinion, one of the best things we can do for our children is to make sure that as families, we sit down together for meals in our homes as often as humanly possible. The benefits of family meal time are astounding!
To name a few:
- Kids who’s families regularly eat together are more likely to perform better in school
- Kids who’s families eat together are less likely to become involved in drugs and alcohol
- Family meal time allows children to be exposed to adult vocabulary.
- Meal time is an excellent time to teach children manners.
- Home cooked meals are much healthier than take-out or fast food.
- Home cooked meals are cheaper!
We couldn’t afford to eat out regularly, but even if we could, the vast majority of our meals would be eaten at home because it is worth it! I will gladly (most days) cook for my family because I know it’s best.
Ignore the fact that K is eating a cinnamon roll…I couldn’t resist adding this picture. Meal time can be full of love, excitement, laughter and silliness!
For a great article on why family dinner is so important, head here.