- The local library...they will often have exercise DVDs to check out with a great variety in the style and focus
- Zumba...check out local churches or recreation centers to see if free Zumba classes are being offered. I know of several churches and even the local library where I live that offer free classes on various days of the week.
- Go walking. Right now I walk 3-4 times a week to pick my son up from school and get a two mile walk in. I can tell how much stronger I have become just by walking and am grateful for this exercise which is what fits into my life right now.
- Look on sites such as Hulu or Netflix for free exercise programs.
- Try a program such as onehundredpushups which provides plans for working up your endurance. I have been doing this with my husband and I have gone from 3 push ups to 10 in a few weeks. I don't it doesn't sound huge but I'm excited to see where this program takes me over the next few weeks.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Exercise For Free
There's so many options out there for exercising. The best ones I have found, especially for someone like me who prefers some variation from day to day are: