My son actually made this for my husband for his birthday, but these are so cute and kids of all ages can make these for those they love…perfect for handmade Christmas gifts or just somewhere to store their own little treasures.
All you need is: lots of popsicle sticks (our box took about 48 of the narrow sticks), glue and paint.
- Lay several popsicles side by side until this is as wide as your sticks are long…11 for us. Glue 2 sticks to your bottom as seen below. Make sure each stick is glued to those 2 sticks!
- Glue sticks alternating sides like a log cabin. We used hot glue…I glued and my son placed the sticks. Elmer’s Glue works too but I wasn’t that patient :).
- Make a lid for your box the same way you made the bottom in step 1.
- Cut a piece of paperboard from a cereal box or something of the sort the length of a popsicle stick, fold in half lengthwise, and glue half of it to the top stick on your box.
- Glue the other half to your lid; the paperboard serves as a hinge.
- Have your little one paint the box and let dry. At this point, you may want to spray it with an acrylic sealer or layer Mod Podge on it to preserve the beautiful paint job.
There you have it…adorable, handmade gifts from your kids :)