If you’re looking for a fun decoration for a Mother’s Day card, or just a great spring craft for your kids, make a flower out of yarn…
- Trace a flower shaped cookie cutter onto a piece of heavy-weight paper or light cardboard. Cut it out and insert the paper/cardboard into the cutter.
- Pour some Elmer’s school glue into a bowl and add the same amount of water. Stir together.
- Have your kids cut different lengths of yarn and dip them into the glue mixture. Using your hands (or your kids hands if they’re willing…mine weren’t), squeeze off excess glue and lay the yarn inside the cookie cutter. Keep adding more yarn until you’ve reached your desired amount of coverage.
- Let dry in the cutter until the edges can hold their shape. Carefully remove your flower (and the cardboard because they’re probably attached) from the cookie cutter and let dry completely.
- Hang these cute flowers in your window or attach to the front of a Mother’s Day card. We made two and they are on their way to both Grandma’s houses as we speak :).