This is probably one of the most frugal bag holders you will ever see :). All you need is a pant leg (perfect if you have some jeans with holey knees…just cut off below the hole). This even saves you from sewing side seams.
To make your own, you will need one ribbon about 24 inches long and one piece of 1/4 inch elastic, about 10 inches long. A sewing machine is also very helpful, and that pant leg I mentioned.
- Once you have cut your pant leg off your pants (preferably while you’re not wearing them!), neaten up the edges.
- On one end, sew a button hole about 1 1/2 inches from the edge as seen below. This is where the ribbon will thread through so you can hang your holder up.
- Turn your pant leg inside out and fold the end down 1/4 inch and again (about another inch) so it lies below the button hole. Sew around the entire leg.
- Using a safety pin, thread the ribbon through and make sure both ends are outside the button hole.
- On the other end, fold the raw edge in 1/4 inch and again 1/2 inch. Sew around the pant leg to create an encasement for your elastic. Make sure to leave an opening about 1 inch wide to thread the elastic through.
- Using a safety pin, thread the elastic through the casing. Pull it all the way through and cinch the elastic until the opening in the holder is a good size for your hand to fit through but still hold bags in. Trim the elastic to the desired length and sew the ends together.
- Sew the opening to the elastic casing closed.
- Turn your bag right side out, fill your holder with bags and hang up. Now I have bags upstairs and can grab them in a jiffy to line garbage cans! :)
I’m linking up to Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charms, Thrifty Treasures Tuesday @ Extreme Personal Measures, Tip Me Tuesday @ Tip Junkie, Tutorial Tuesday @ Hope Studios, Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Recreate into Something New @ Not So Simple Housewife, Handmade Tuesday @ Ladybug Blessings.