Every night my husband is working, I find myself grasping for something to do while I count down the minutes until bedtime (is that horrible?!). After searching for various bath paint “recipes”, I settled on one I found at eHow which is as follows:
- Dispense a small portion of shaving cream into a container. I used the little Tummy Tickler bottles and they were perfect…easy for kids to grasp and held just the right amount.
- Add a few drops of food coloring. Don’t add too much or your tub/walls/kids/whatever else gets paint on it will be stained. The colors may barely show on your walls, but the kids will still have a blast.
- Throw your kids in the tub (not literally silly!) and hand them paint brushes.
- Set the paint on the edge of the tub and sit in total shock that this is entertaining them for over half an hour. My almost 2 year old was in heaven with his tongue sticking out in concentration…I think I have a mini Picasso on my hands :).
- When the paint runs out, spray or wipe off the walls and you’re done! From what I’ve heard, this is so much easier to clean than bath crayons and the cost is minimal for half an hour of fun.
I’m linking up to Tot Tuesdays @ Delicious Ambiguity, Market Yourself Monday @ Sumos Sweet Stuff, Amaze Me August @ Bella Before & After, Penny Pinching Party @ Thrifty Home, and What are Little Boys Made of @ Seven Thirty Three.