These cookies are delicately crisp on the outside and soft and cakelike on the inside…basically, pure heaven! I make these probably once a year for my dad because he loves them so much (I know, I know, if I were a better daughter, I’d make them much more often).
To make your own little bits of heaven, you will need:
- 1 cup (1/2 pound) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Gradually add your flour mixture to your butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets (I never grease them and they come off fine).
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 1 minute then transfer to racks and let cool completely.
- Store airtight.
I’m linking up to Anything Related @ All Thingz Related, Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice @ Seven Thirty Three, Food Fight Friday @ Choochmagooz, Homemaker Monday @ 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small stuff, Sweet Tooth Friday, Made it on Monday, and Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum.