Every little boy deserves to have fun clothes to wear, and the complaint is all too common that you just can't dress boys up the same you can with girls. It's true, there's nothing like walking through the baby section and running your fingers over the frilly dresses, but when all you have is boys to work with, you've got to find something to have fun with right?
I'd like to thank my friend for expecting a boy so I could try making this tie onesie!
All you need is a white onesie...whatever size works best for your little one, Wonder Under or similar product, tie worthy fabric, an iron, and a sewing machine.
1. Draw or print out a tie template. My tie measures about 6 inches long, and 2.5 inches wide at the widest parts.
2. Trace your tie to Wonder Under and iron that to your fabric. I used one of my husband's plaid shirts (with permission of course) which made for a super cute tie! I separated the top from the bottom and laid them in different directions to make the tie look more authentic.
3. Cut your tie out, remove the paper backing of the Wonder Under and lay on your onesie. Make sure it's centered, and press according to the Wonder Under instructions.
4. Sew around your tie with a zig zag stitch to secure.
5. Use as a baby shower gift or put on your little man for special occasions and adore the cuteness of it all!
I wish I could give credit to whoever inspired me, but I have no idea who that was! If you have made these and blogged about it, please share so we can see how cute everyone else's are!
I'm linking up to Making It with Allie @ What Allie's Making Now, Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple, What are Little Boys Made of? @ Seven Thirty Three, Get Your Craft on Thursday @ Life as Lori, Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage, Show off Your Stuff @ Fireflies and Jellybeans, and Crafty Soiree @ Yesterday on Tuesday.