I taught a class at church on frugal summer fun and thought I would share what I have found here as well. I have a few posts lined up with different ideas for summer fun, hopefully for all ages.
For today, here’s what we like to do in our air conditioned apartment:
- Play board games…you could even make your own with cardboard and colored paper
- Do puzzles…my husband and I just finished one and there’s something about sitting side by side, working on something together even if you’re not talking much. The hard part is keeping young kids from destroying it!
- Read books
- Read a book or series such as Harry Potter as a family
- Make a movie together. Dress up and remake well known movies or make up your own.
- In high school, we remade Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, and Star Wars among others and it was a blast!
- Build a tent or fort inside
- Or if your living room is big enough, set up a tent and camp out in your living room (or back yard)
- Make a miniature golf course using everyday objects
- Make a scavenger hut or treasure map
- Have older kids write and hide clues…you could even bury your treasure!
- Have a movie night with popcorn
- Invite other families over for a game night
- Have a marshmallow war with mini marshmallows and straws
Linking up to Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family and Summer Family Fun Blog Hop at Mommy Topics.