And for more local fun:
- Check out kidsbowlfree.com to see if local bowling centers allow your kids to bowl twice a day for free
- This does not include shoe rental
- They often offer family passes for adults too
- Go ice blocking
- Freeze a large block (big enough to sit on) of ice in a storage container, take to a hill, cover with a towel and slide down the hill…most fun you’ve had in ages!
- Make sure it’s not illegal wherever you live
- Tour a fire station or police station
- Call a week before to set up the tour
- Many churches and gyms and free or discount zumba classes…it’s all the rage!
- Check out state or county fairs towards the end of summer
- Go to the dollar theater, or check out local theaters to see if they have free matinee showings for kids movies such as Regal Cinemas.
- Visit your local zoo (get a family pass or look on their website for free or discount days)
- Check out museums or historical markers (again, look for discount days!)
- Look at your city’s website for local events such as concerts or shows.
- Tour local factories
If you’ve missed my earlier posts in this series, check them out here: